- 12 oz. ground pork
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 Tbs. couscous
- 4 large bell peppers
- 3/4 cup salsa (plus more for serving)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey jack, or Mexican blend)
- Preheat oven to 500ºF. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover, remove from heat and set aside at least five minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground pork, stirring it occasionally and breaking it up, until no longer pink (about 4 minutes). Also while couscous is softening, remove tops from peppers and scrape out seeds. Set aside
- In a bowl, combine couscous, pork, salsa, corn and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fill peppers with pork mixture. Arrange peppers in a shallow baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and continue baking until peppers are tender and stuffing is heated through (about five minutes). Serve peppers with additional salsa on the side if you like.
Recipe courtesy of Yummly.com