- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces salsa, medium-hot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- Brown pork and onion over medium-high heat in large saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients except tortilla strips.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir tortilla strips into soup and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more, until tortilla strips are softened.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of food.com