- 1 pound ground pork, lean
- 1 15-oz can chili beans, undrained
- 2 14 1/2-oz can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- salt to taste (optional)
- Cook ground pork over medium-high heat in 12-inch, nonstick skillet for 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, breaking pork into small crumbles. Drain and discard any juices.
- Stir chili beans, tomatoes, water, chili powder, cinnamon, and oregano into pork in skillet.
- Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Uncover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired consistency.
- If desired, season to taste with salt.
Recipe courtesy of eatpork.org