- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add onion and green pepper; cook until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, pasta, brown sugar, chili powder and salt; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Recipe courtesy of tasteofhome.com