- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 12 ounces ground chorizo
- 1 15 ounce can refried beans
- 1 15 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 – 8 eggs
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 of the diced onion and cook just until softened. Stir in chorizo. Cook 5-7 minutes or until chorizo is cooked through. Stir in refried beans. Cook 5 more minutes. Reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- In another skillet heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add in remaining onions and cook just until softened. Stir in fire roasted tomatoes and kosher salt. Allow to cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in another skillet. Cook tortillas 30 seconds on each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet that you cooked the tortillas, melt butter over medium heat. Cook eggs 3 – 4 minutes or until yolk is set and white is cooked.
- To assemble: place 2 tortillas on a plate. Spread chorizo refried beans on tortillas. Place one egg on the top and spoon tomatoes over plate. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of lifeambrosia.com