- 3 slices bacon
- 3/4 lb. ground pork
- 3/4 lb. bulk pork sausages1 onions (large, coarsely chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 43.5 oz. tomatoes (Italian-style, crushed)
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In reserved drippings cook pork, sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium-high heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
- Add wine; bring to boiling; lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the bacon, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, brown sugar, basil, thyme and bay leaves.
- Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until desired consistency.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve with hot cooked spaghetti.
Recipe courtesy of Yummly.com