Yields: 6 burgers
- 8 ounces smoked Spanish-style chorizo links, casings removed
- 1 pound 96% lean ground pork
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 2 cups shoestring potatoes (potato sticks)
- 4 green lettuce leaves
- Finely chop chorizo in a food processor or with a large knife.
- Gently mix together ground pork, chopped chorizo, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, green pepper, garlic, and salt.
- Shape into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat, about 450 degrees F.
- Grill burgers, with the lid closed, for 5 minutes. Turn and finish cooking for 4 to 5 minutes more, until cooked through or until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F on a digital meat thermometer. Remove from grill.
- Toast buns on the grill, about 1 minute per side.
- Build burgers on buns with 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing, 1/3 cup shoestring potatoes, and one lettuce leaf.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com