- 1 pound bulk pork sausages (seasoned as desired)
- 8 slices bread (cubed)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 10.75 ounces cream of mushroom soup (OR golden mushroom soup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook sausage in a large skillet until brown, breaking up with a wooden spoon; drain. Pat sausage dry with paper towels.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Place bread cubes in the baking dish. Sprinkle cubed Cheddar cheese over bread. Sprinkle sausage over cheese.
- Combine eggs, 2 1/2 cups milk, and dry mustard in a medium bowl; beat with a rotary beater or fork until well mixed. Pour egg mixture over layered mixture in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Stir together cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl. Pour over mixture in baking dish.
- Place baking dish on baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, for about 1 1/2 hours or until the center is set when the baking dish is slightly jiggled.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Yummly.com